The Professional Year Program (PYear) is a job-readiness program that bridges the gap between full-time study and professional employment in Australia.
Professional Year, more aptly called the Job Preparedness program is a structured career development designed to enhance a student's ability to obtain employment in their chosen discipline by applying technical skills and knowledge in the Australian workplace and culture.
This program is offered in the following fields of Study:
Benefits of PY:
1. It provides internship opportunities
2. It expands your professional circle
3. It helps you become familiar with Australian work environments
4. It gives you an extra 5 points towards your permanent residency application
Eligibility requirements for PYP
To qualify for the PYP, you need to meet the following criteria
• Complete an undergraduate or postgraduate program at an Australian University
• Apply for, or hold, 485 on your visa
• Have evidence of a minimum of IELTS 6.0 in all bands
• Complete valid skills assessments from a relevant professional organisation